10 Best Jeep Lift Kit of 2019 | Reviewed By Real Users
Today we are looking at the best Jeep lift kit the market has to offer in the year 2019. Why? The answer is simple—we all love Jeeps. Jeeps are elegant machines every kid wanted when they were growing up. Take the Wrangler as an example. Its rigid stance portrays its toughness while its timeless design makes it one of the coolest/hip cars in the world.
From its military use throughout the 20th century to its detachable roof, doors, and windscreen, you would think that the Jeep Wrangler could not get any cooler, but you’d be wrong. Adding lift kits and large wheels to the Wrangler transforms it into one of the most desirable vehicles on earth. You cannot help but fall in love with its aggressive stance.
With that in mind, we created this Jeep wrangler unlimited lift kit reviews to help Jeep owners and enthusiasts transform their Jeeps into master-classes. Stick around to learn the best Jeep lift kit for highway driving, best lift kit for jeep wrangler TJ and everything else you need to know about Jeep lift kits.
10 Best Jeep Lift Kit Review:
1. TrueTwo Jeep Wrangler JK 2.5 Inch Coil Spacer Suspension Lift Kit
The TrueTwo Spacers are a great option if you want to lift the ground clearance of your beloved Jeep. If you are a DIY, you’ll be glad to learn that countless videos on YouTube show you exactly how to install these spacers. The best thing is that after this installation, you can take your Jeep into any off-road track without worrying about damaging important engine components.
The TrueTwo spacers give your Jeep an extra 2.5 inches of ground clearance to handle any challenging terrain. With the TrueTwo spacers, you are bound to notice the difference in height in your vehicle. However, the most impressive thing about these spacers is that they don’t affect the ride quality and handling of your car.
The TrueTwois one of the top jeep lift kit for highway driving but should also be more than sufficient to handle moderate off-roading. However, if you are planning to conquer all off-road courses with your Jeep, you are better off replacing your entire suspension system to handle the different challenges your vehicle will be put through.
- Made of high-grade polyurethane material
- Package includes four spacers in total; two front and two rare
- Offers 2.5 inches of lift when installed with stock isolators and 2 inches of lift when installed without stock isolators
- Easy mounting and unmounting
- Works great with both the stock and upgraded suspension system
2. Rough Country 2.5″ Suspension Lift Kit
Just like the TrueTwo Spacers, the Rough Country spacers can be installed on any model of the Jeep Wrangler dated between 207 and 2018. With a bolt-on installation mechanism, these spacers are easy to install and give your Jeep up to 2.5-inches of ground clearance on both the front and rear axis. The increased ground clearance leads to better off-road performance.
What’s more, the precision of these spacers gives your Jeep a balanced height on all axles of the vehicle. They are simply one of the best lift kits for jeep wrangler TJ. With well-balanced axles, your Jeep gains traction and can put more power into navigating through off-road paths. The best thing about these spacers is that they cater to the needs of all off-road enthusiasts.
Whether you are into light-duty off-roading or heavy-duty off-roading, the Rough Country Spacers are for you. For light-duty off-roading, the Rough Country spacers are sufficient additions to your Jeep. But in the case that you want to test the off-roading capabilities of your Jeep to the limits, you can install the Rough Country Spacers and supplement them with specialized off-road suspension systems and off-road wheels.
- FITMENT: Any Jeep Wrangler model from the year2007 to 2018
- Package includes: Front and Rear Coil spring spacers, brake line brackets and shock relocation brackets as well as Rear track bar bracket and sway bar links
- Easy 100-percent Bolt-on installation for secure mounting
- Increased ground clearance for both the front and rear axle of the Jeep
- Installation Time: 2-3 hours
- Backspacing: 4.5-inches
- Item Weight: 26.76-lbs
3. Rough Country 60930-3.5-Inch Suspension Lift Kit
The TrueTwo Spacers and Rough Country suspension lifts mentioned above extend the ground clearance of the Jeep by 2.5 inches. The Rough Country 60930 spacer, on the other hand, is more superior when it comes to ground clearance. It provides a ground clearance of up to 3.5 inches making it one of the top-rated lift kit for jeep wrangler TJ and best suspension lifts for off-roading.
However, despite the high ground clearance, the Rough Country 60930 spacer is designed to offer a smooth and well-balanced ride on paved and unpaved terrains. These spacers allow you to tower above other vehicles and have a better view of the road on your daily commute. This gives your Jeep a sense of superiority over other vehicles.
When it comes to off-road performance, stock Jeep Wranglers are renowned for dominance over rugged terrain. The Rough Country 60930 spacers only enhance the off-road capabilities of the Jeep. By lifting the ground clearance, you can take on larger rocks and deeper puddles of water without worrying about damaging the underbelly of your Jeep.
- Easy bolt-on installation with Increased ground clearance
- Comes with coil correction plates and a Pitman’s arm
- Comes with track bar drop bracket and Brake line relocation brackets
- Comes with fixed lower control arms, lifted coil springs, and factory tuned coil springs
- Control arms include Clevite brand OEM style rubber bushings
- Compatible with only the 4-door models of the 2007-2018 4WD Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited
- Estimated Install Time: 4-5 hours
4. Teraflex Jeep Wrangler JK 4-Door Unlimited 2.5″ Suspension Lift
Forth on our jeep wrangler unlimited lift kit reviews are the 2.5-inch TeraFlex spacers. These spacers are designed to fit all 4-door Jeep Wranglers of model years 2007 to 2014. With a price tag of slightly over $800, the TeraFlex spacers are significantly more expensive than other suspension lifts on our lineup. However, the extra cost gets you a complete suspension set with shock absorbers designed for off-road terrains.
Buyers of the TeraFlex spacers will be glad to learn that they allow the installation of tires that are up to 35 inches in diameter. If you are a Jeep owner, you can transform your car with 35-inch wheels and TeraFlex spacers to make it stand out among Jeeps of a similar model.
With these upgrades, your Jeep will benefit both aesthetically and its off-road performance. Larger tires, higher ground clearance, and improved shock absorbers will give you the confidence of tackling the toughest off-road terrains in the world. The TeraFlex is one of the best lift kits for jeep wrangler TJ.
- 5″ Suspension Lift for all unlimited4-door Jeep Wranglers JK of model years 2007 to 2014.
- Comes with as a complete kit which includes shock absorbers and other necessary components.
- Allows for installation of up to a 35″ tires
- Includes FREE Teraflex oversized steering stabilizer.
- Item Weight: 30.4 lbs.
5. Rough Country – 670N2-3-inch Suspension Lift Kit
Too often you may want to enjoy a greater outdoor performance with your car looking good on the road. You can trust in the Rough Country -670N2-3-inch suspension kit because it is one of the best jeep kits for highway driving. It is a comprehensive kit that offers a smooth drive on bumpy terrain and is well designed to give you a good ride height and an excellent adventure throughout your ride. It features the Nitrogen charged N2.0 shocks with custom 10 stage variable valving. With this redesigned lift, you’ll have the most versatile shocks in the market.
This lift kit is easy to install with easily understandable instructions. Anyone can hack the installation process within a short time of 3-4 hours. It looks great, and you will be thrilled by the positive comments you’ll get from everyone.
The best part about this kit is that it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to get one. This kit comes with high-quality parts that guarantee you value for your money. Try out this kit today and enjoy its outstanding performance.
- Stress-free bolt-on installation.
- It has application valved (4) Premium N2.0 series shock absorbers which limits body movement for both on and off-road users.
- The front has 3-inch lifted springs made of the coil.
- The rear has 1.5-2add-a-leafs and hardware.
- It is nitrogen charged.
- It has a spring loaded piston rod seal.
- It has one &3/8-inch bore.
6. Rough Country – PERF678-2.5-inch Suspension Lift System
If you are looking to revamp your jeep and run up to 33-inch tires quickly and easily, then the Rough country’s 2.5-inch Coil Spring Suspension lift is the real deal. It comes with all that you need to complete a good install. It is incredibly easy to install a lift that features a 100% bolt-on installation because it requires no cutting or drilling. It helps gain increased ground clearance with a set of front and rear factory-tuned coil springs based on the JK’s stock spring rate. It comes with Off-Road ready Performance N3 Shock Absorbers which are 50% larger than standard shocks for all-terrain action. It is of great quality material and comes with an inexpensive price. This makes it affordable for anyone who wants to make their jeep look more aggressive at a budget. These modifications ensure that you get a touch of class and a more capable off-road vehicle.
- An easy and fast installation that is not very technical. (Takes around 2-3 hours)
- Front:2.5-inch lifted coil springs, brake line brackets and hardware.
- Rear:2.5-inch lifted coil springs, brake line brackets and hardware.
- Factory tuned coil springs based on the stock spring rate.
- It allows the use of the factory equipped shock absorbers to reduce the effect of traveling on bumpy terrain.
- It has (4) performance N3 series 2.2 shocks offering a fantastic vibration dampening.
7. Supreme Suspensions –Cherokee Lift Kit 2 “
The Supreme Suspensions Jeep Cherokee XJ lift kit is precision engineered to provide a 2” front and an adjustable 1.5-2” rear suspension lift for Cherokee. As a Cherokee lift kit, it is the fastest and easiest lift kit to install to increase ride height and ground clearance so that you can fit larger custom rims and tires. This lift kit for Cherokee maintains your smooth factory ride quality and improves the look of your Cherokee. Installation takes about 2-4 hours. You can do an alignment after altering the height of your vehicle.
Supreme Suspension lift kit spacers are precision CNC machined from high-density Delrin that resists corrosion easily. The spacers are durable and can take you through the life of your vehicle. The carbon steel lift shackles can also be able to resist deformity. With this kit, you can be sure of superior strength and lifetime durability without sacrificing comfort. Also included with this kit is a transfer case drop designed to keep your driveshaft aligned properly. Repositioning the transfer case also prevents wear on the driveline and eliminates any unwanted vibrations. The kit offers a fast bolt-on installation with no special tools required.
- The kit features 2x Pro Performance Delrin Spring Spacers.
- Comes with 2xAdjustable Carbon Steel Lift Shackles.
- This kit features 4x Transfer Case Drop Spacers.
- The kit comes with Installation Instructions.
- This kit maintains the factory ride quality.
- The front suspension lift is 2 inch and has an adjustable 1.5-2 inch rear lift.
8. Teraflex 1155200 JK 2IN FRONT 1IN REAR BOOST/LEVELING KIT
The Teraflex JK 1.5” Suspension Leveling kit is the perfect kit for leveling your JK and adding just a touch of lift. If you are interested in useful yet straightforward suspension kit, then this is for you. It is one of the best lift kits for jeep wrangler in case you want to add a little clearance for your 33s or want to get rid of your factory front end rake and reduce its sagging in the front. It has a 2″ front spacer and a 1″ rear spacer with more extended front sway bar links and all necessary hardware. You can run a maximum 33×12.50 inch tall tire with this kit. It fits in all JK Wrangler models including Unlimited and Rubicon. It can take the shortest time to install if you follow the instructions manual.
This kit can take two hours to install with basic tools, and you can now feel the leveling effect of your car. It comes with a low price point, so you don’t need to break your bank to have a perfect stance for your Wrangler.
- The kit adds 2″ to the front and 1″ to the rear.
- This kit runs up to a 305/65 R18 or 305/70 R17 tire.
- The innovative kit comes with front sway bar links.
- This kit is fast and easy install.
- Comes with a maximum tire size of 33 inches.
9. Supreme Suspensions –Cherokee Lift Kit Full Suspension Lift 3″
If you want to enhance the look of your jeep and run larger tires, then you should go for the supreme suspension’s 3 Inch Front and an adjustable 1.5-2 Inch, Rear lift kit. It is a breeze to install and will do the trick if you want to get a few extra inches for bigger tires. Its coil spring spacers are CNC machined from Delrin which is known for being highly tensile and impacts strength at room temperature. Use of Delrin also helps avoid the spacers compressing under load. It is precision engineered to ensure an exact fit for every application.
Its carbon steel lift shackles are designed to lift your truck according to your preference and improve pinion angle. Made of carbon steel and laser out by a computer, its shackles offer superior strength and a perfect fit. The kit also has, when applicable, pre-pressed poly bushings which offer a superior lifted ride quality and is also equipped with zerk fittings for easy greasing of the bushings after installation. You can reuse your factory shocks without compromising your ride quality. The leveling kits are designed to be installed without any special tools hence making work easier.
- (2x) High Crystalline Delrin Spring Spacers.
- (2x) Carbon Steel Rear Lift Shackles.
- The kit comes with installation instructions.
- This kit features a supreme suspension Pro Pack.
- The kit offers a 3-inch front suspension lift and 1.5 – 2-inch rear suspension lift.
- Maintains the factory ride quality.
10. 2012-2015 Jeep Wrangler Mopar Four Door Two” Lift kit
There’s no doubt, modifying the height of your jeep comes with several advantages. From being safe on the road by being seen by other road users, to having higher a ground clearance. It also offers you desirable travel comfort. If you’re ready to start modifying your car, then the Mopar lift kit is the perfect place to start.
The Mopar lift kit is a complete suspension kit which will raise your jeep and allow for oversized tires without changing the factory geometry. It includes newly designed coil springs which are tuned to your jeep’s weight and then two-step painted for maximum chip resistance. To control the ride, Mopar is teamed up with FOX Racing to provide a set of shocks tuned specifically for Wranglers with oversized tires. Its brushed aluminum shock dissipates heat faster than conventional steel and combines with other race-inspired technology to provide incredible fade-free performance, precise handling, and stability. With this lift, you get premium components.
- For Jeep Wrangler, the two lift is ideal for 33 tires and will clear most 35 tires.
- 2-inch Lift Kit with Fox Racing Shox.
- The kit comes packaged with FOX Racing Shox.
- The kit comes packaged in wooden jeep crate.
- Superior extended sway bar links.
- The kit comes with all hardware necessary for installation.
- It features a limited lifetime warranty.
- 1310 Double Cardin front drive shaft. (3.6 engine)
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Choose Jeep Lift Kit
If you are looking to buy a lift kit for your Jeep, you need to answer a few crucial questions. Is the Jeep my primary vehicle? How will I use it? Will it be my daily driver? If so, which is the top-rated jeep lift kit for highway driving? Will it be reserved just for the weekends? How often will I take it off-road if at all? The answers to these questions will set you on the right path to help you get a lift kit that best suits your needs. Once you have the answers, here is what you will need to know about Jeep lift kits:
1. The size of the lift you want
The size of the lift kit you want in your Jeep can be found on the Jeep wrangler unlimited lift kit reviews. How you plan to use your vehicle and how you want it to look like are some of the main factors that will determine the size of the lift you want in your Jeep. That said, below are some of the lift sizes and their appeal:
- Small lifts (1” – 2”): They are cheap, easy to install and barely noticeable. They are the best jeep lift kit for highway driving as they don’t affect the ride quality of your vehicle
- Medium lifts (2.5” – 4”): They are relatively expensive but easy to install. These lifts are for people that use their Jeeps as an all-around vehicle. Medium size lifts are easily noticeable and are one of the best lift kits for jeep wrangler TJ. They improve the stance of your Jeep.
- Large lifts (5”– 6”): They are expensive and complicated to install. Large-size lifts are for enthusiasts who value aggressive-looking Jeeps that they can take for extreme off-roading adventures such as rock crawling.
2. The tire size which will go well with the lift kit You choose
The truth is that you don’t need to upgrade your Jeep’s tires after a lift kit installation. The car will function normally with the stock tires. However, the chances are that you are installing a lift kit to upgrade the size of your Jeep’s tires to give it a menacing look. If you fall into this category, here is some general information about the ideal tire sizes for your lift kit:
- 31” Tires: For these tires, you need at least 1.5” of lift and 1” of lift on Wranglers YJ and TJ respectively. JK Wranglers can accommodate 31” tires on their stock suspensions.
- 33” Tires: For these tires, you need at least 4” of lift and 3” of lift on Wranglers YJ and TJ respectively. JK Wranglers can accommodate 33” tires on their stock suspensions.
- 35” Tires: For these tires, you need at least 6” of lift, 4” of lift, and 2” of lift on Wranglers YJ, TJ, and JK respectively.
- 37” Tires: For these tires, you need at least 6” of lift and 3.5” of lift on Wranglers TJ and JK respectively. YJ Wranglers can only accommodate 37” tires with some major modifications.
3. The ride quality after lifting your Jeep and upgrading its tires
These two modifications raise the rest position of the car and with it its center of gravity. Depending on the size of the lift kit and tires, you will experience pros and cons when it comes to the ride quality. In essence, a large lift kit and large tires transform a multi-purpose Jeep into more of an off-roader than an on-roader.
Starting with the upside, the Jeep will look much better, and its off-road performance will drastically improve. Its high ground clearance will allow it to rock crawl, puddle dive and other extreme off-road adventures. On to the downside, a raised center of gravity leads to poor handling and increased vibrations while driving on a paved surface.
4. The cost of installing the kit and tires, and whether you can do it by yourself
The cost depends on the size, brand, and type of the lift kits and tires. The larger the kit and tires, the more you’ll have to spend compared to their smaller variants. You can use our jeep unlimited lift kit reviews to find the best-priced lift kits. When it comes to installation, you can pay a professional to do the job for you or save up the money by doing it yourself. The process is straightforward, and with the right tools, anyone can do it.
Differences between long and short arm lift kits
Short Arm Lift Kits
Short arm lifts are mounted on the stock control arm mount. The limiting factor of short arm lifts is that as their length increases, the angle between the arm and gravity’s downforce decreases. This, in turn, leads to increased upward forces which trigger stress on the suspension system resulting in bumpy rides. Despite this limiting factor, short arm lifts can accommodate spacers of up to 3.5 inches without affecting the vehicle’s ride quality.
Generally, people install short arm lifts for their low price, easy installation and most importantly, for their superior ground clearance. Another benefit of short arm lifts is that you can supplement them with drop brackets to increase your vehicle’s lift. Also, due to their easy installation and low price, they present less of a headache to replace them with long arm lifts.
In summary, short arm lifts are ideal for vehicles that:
- are not to be lifted more than 3.5 inches
- Do a lot of rock crawling and minimum highway commutes
- Can be changed to a long arm lift later
Long Arm Lift Kits
Long arm lifts come in various shapes and sizes. Therefore it is important to learn their subtle differences before purchasing. While short arms are designed to increase a vehicle’s ground clearance, long arms are designed to provide a smooth ride. Long arm lifts decrease bumpy rides in rugged terrain through their long, and smoothly curved arms which do an excellent job at absorbing “push back” energy.
Long arms also come with a few downsides. For starters, they cost more than short arms. Next, their long nature exposes them to large obstacles when rock crawling, therefore, making them less effective on off-road terrains. Finally, installing long arms is a complicated process that involves changing the suspension setup of your vehicle. This means that is it impossible to revert to short arm lifts after installing long arm lifts.
In summary, short arm lifts are ideal for vehicles that:
- are daily driven
- Do a lot of fast off-roading
- Won’t need to be changed to a short arm lift kit
Types of Lift Kits
With a budget of less than a couple hundred dollars, you can lift your Jeep Wrangler up to three inches without new shocks. Body lift spacers are mainly fitted to improve the aesthetics of vehicles. They are installed between the frame and the body to add some height to your vehicle. The benefit of body lifts is that they are easy to install, they offer a higher ground clearance and give you the opportunity to add large tires to your Wrangler.
Like body lifts, budget boost lifts are added to improve the visual appeal of Wranglers. They are polyurethane coils that measure between 0.75 and 2.5 inches and are placed on top of stock Wrangler coils. Besides being cheap and giving your Wrangler an aggressive look, economy boost lifts are cheap, easy to install and don’t affect the ride performance of your Wrangler. You can even choose to replace your Wrangler’s stock wheel s with larger wheels to give it a meaner look.
Coil Spring Lift Kit
While body lifts and budget boost lifts are primarily designed to enhance the aggressiveness of your Wrangler, they offer next to nothing in ride performance. This is where coil spring lifts come into play. They are between inches longer and stiffer than stock wrangler coil springs. Installing them in place of the stock coil springs will see your Wrangler gain about 1.5 and 3.5 inches. This height gain not only enhances your Wrangler’s “cool” factor but also helps improve its off-road performance.
Short Arm and Long Arm Lift Kits
Short arm and long arm lifts have been covered in the section above. In summary, body lifts and economy boost lifts are ideal for Wrangler owners who use their Wranglers for daily commute rather than for off-roading adventures. Wrangler owners that install body lifts and economy lift values vehicle appearance over off-road capabilities. Meanwhile, coil spring, short arm, and long arm lifts are ideal for Wrangler owners who wish to enhance their vehicle’s off-road performance and aggressive appearance concurrently.
How to install a lift kit?
- Spring Compressor
- Silicone spray
- T-55 Torx Head Bit
- Floor jacks
- Wheel Chocks
- Drill Motor
- 5/16″ and 7/16″ Drill Bit
- Torque wrench
- T-55 Torx Head Bit
- 13mm, 15mm, 1/2″ 9/16″, and 3/4″ Socket / Wrench
Whether you are installing a lift kit on your Wrangler for off-roading purposes or to enhance its look, you will be glad to learn that is a simple task that anyone can do. That said, one should be careful with the installation as improper installation might lead to loss of control of the vehicle and result in a fatal accident.
- Rest the vehicle on jack stands and remove the front wheels to access the shocks
- Remove both shocks through the holes in the fenders
- Remove the lower spring retainer clip then use a torque wrench to pull out the spring
- Disconnect sway bay links and lower track bar to install new springs easily
- Using a spring compressor, compress the new springs
- Use a little bit of force or a torque wrench if needed to secure the springs onto the bottom mounts then wiggle them to sit in the spring pockets properly
- Raise the axle and reinstall the bushings, washers, nuts, sway bar links, axle retainer clips, and the track bar
- Double-check everything then reattach the wheels and finally lower your Wrangler
- After supporting the Wrangler on jack stands and removing the wheel, remove the shock absorbers
- Let the rear axle drop and disconnect any hoses, brake lines or cables to keep them from splitting
- Disconnect sway bar links and upper track bar mounts
- Compress the springs using a coil spring compressor
- Attach the upper part of the coil securely in place then use a torque wrench to force the spring into the lower mount
- Reinstall everything to its original state from the cables to the sway bar links, track bars, and shock absorbers.
- Ensure that everything is realigned in place before reinstalling the wheel and lowering the Wrangler
Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Lift Kit:
Q-1: Why is my Jeep leaning to the side after installing a new kit?
- Don’t be alarmed as this is normal in Jeeps. Jeeps lean on the passenger side due to the placement of the spare tire and gas tank. Their respective weights cause the passenger side to bend. However, due to the slight angle of lean, most Jeep owners fail to notice this problem altogether. If the lean is noticeable in your vehicle, you can add a ½” spacer to level it out.
Q-2: Why is the rear end of my Jeep is sagging?
- This is perfectly normal as the Jeep’s weight distribution is uneven from front to back and side to side.
Q-3: Should I go with a 2.5” lift or the 3” lift?
- It depends on the wheels you want to install. If you’re going to fit large tires (33 inches and above), then I would recommend the 3″ lift for its higher ground clearance. Large tires on a 2.5″ lift would rub the inner fenders on off-road terrains.
Q-4: What other tools and components do I need when installing a 2.5” lift?
- Unless you have a 2012 JK model and newer, you don’t need any extra tools or components. For 2012 JK models and newer you will need an exhaust spacer kit and an adjustable track bar if your vehicle is running on 35-inch tires.
Q-5: Are Adjustable Control Arms and an Adjustable Front Track Bar required in 3” Lifts?
- Yes. Adjustable Control Arms and an Adjustable Front Track Bar are necessary. They help correct the vehicle’s geometry and stabilize it.
Q-6: What about the Drag Link Flip with a 3” lift?
- No. ADrag Link Flip is only necessary with 4” lifts and above.
As mentioned in the Jeep Wrangler unlimited lift kit reviews, the Jeep Wrangler is a unique vehicle. In its original form, the Wrangler has a soul, but you can improve yours. Add some character to your Jeep by installing a lift kit and upgrading its stock wheels with the help of this guide. If you are into specifics, you can find things such as the best lift kit for jeep wrangler TJ or the best jeep lift kit for highway driving. Everything about Jeep lift kit is here. Do you also know the benefits of a tonneau cover? If not, read our review of it.